[CPN] Ratification of the PhyloCode

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 30 16:11:11 EST 2019

Dear CPN members,

I am pleased to report that the code was unanimously ratified!  The final task will be to compile the index, which CRC Press will help with.  We will also do a final check for typos and such, including those pointed out by Max.

Although we will be able to submit the PhyloCode to CRC quite soon, its publication will have to await completion of Phylonyms since they will be published simultaneously.  We are still awaiting two final contributions that have gone through several drafts.  In the meanwhile, we have been doing final edits on all the other entries, many of which have now been submitted to CRC (they permit and even encourage submission of a major work in pieces).  The introduction and table of contents are also done, so we are getting very close to finished with Phylonyms.  I’m still hoping we can get it done in time to come out in print late this year.

Thank you, all!

Phil