[CPN] Next ICZN edition currently scheduled for 2018

David Marjanovic david.marjanovic at gmx.at
Tue Nov 19 13:36:13 EST 2013

The topic came up recently.

That would be the fifth edition, replacing the current fourth from 1999 (valid from 2000, plus two later amendments). Unfortunately, I don't know anything more; my source is this Nature news article, which just mentions the fact: http://www.nature.com/news/nomenclature-chaos-averted-with-financial-bailout-1.14191

The third edition dates from 1985. The time distance between successive edition is thus not unusually large, even though it's much larger than between successive editions of the botanical code.