[CPN] Fwd: Fwd: Proposal to reorganize Note 9.3.1--CALL FOR A VOTE

Cellinese,Nico ncellinese at flmnh.ufl.edu
Mon Jul 29 15:22:16 EDT 2013

Well, with the use of ontologies apomorphy-based definitions actually could be very practical.  This is something I am working on right now with Hilmar Lapp from Nescent.  We have a NSF grant due on 8/13 where we plan to ontologize phylogentic definitions, all of them, node-based, branch-based, apomorphy-based.  We have a prototype too and it works fairly well.  All so that we can navigate and query the tree of life using phyloreferences as coordinates, just like in any map.  Wish us luck.

Nico
P.S. I vote yes.