[CPN] Fwd: Proposal to reorganize Note 9.3.1--COMMENTS DUE BY WEDNESDAY

Cantino, Philip cantino at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 23 13:47:30 EDT 2013

David,

Thank you for spotting the omitted quotation mark.  You raise a good point about multiple apomorphies.  If I recall correctly, a definition of this type was also used in one of the entries for the companion volume (I was not the lead editor on that one, so I may be mis-remembering).  The use of multiple apomorphies is not very different from the use of a single complex apomorphy, which is addressed in Art. 9.10 and Rec. 9E.   It may well be worth expanding that article and recommendation to cover complex apomorphies as well, or perhaps covering them separately but with wording parallel to that of Art. 9.10 and Rec. 9E.  I also wonder whether that article and recommendation should be moved up into the section of Article 9 that we are now considering.  However, I'd prefer to delay considering these questions  until we find out whether the proposal already on the table is approved by the CPN.  I'll make a note to myself so I don't forget to come back to this later.

Phil