[CPN] Fwd: Proposal to reorganize Note 9.3.1--COMMENTS DUE BY WEDNESDAY

David Marjanovic david.marjanovic at gmx.at
Mon Jul 22 15:21:43 EDT 2013

Good point in Note 9.5.2 about the use of external specifiers for minimum-clade definitions.

In the explanation of apomorphy-modified crown clade definitions, the quotation mark after "the crown clade characterized by apomorphy M (relative to other crown clades) as inherited by A" is missing.

Should we explicitly acknowledge the possibility of multiple apomorphies in an apomorphy-based definition? I've seen at least one in the literature, along the lines of "the first ancestor that had all of the following list of apomorphies inherited by A, plus all its descendants".

That's all. :-)