[CPN] Fwd: Decision on proposal with respect to species

Kevin Padian kpadian at berkeley.edu
Sat May 12 12:07:22 EDT 2012

Rather than sift through previous emails, some of which may have been
intended only for internal discussion, would it be better if individual
members elected to send Brent, Nico and David a summary of their previous
comments?

After all the issue of accepting their proposal is closed and there is no
use in further debate and cluttering up everyone's mailbox ...
particularly if the committee wants to consider certain amendments now.
That would make a clean distinction, it seems to me.

I agree with Phil about including the authors of the proposal in
discussion before a final decision is reached.  Could I suggest another
way to do that?  We might discuss this among ourselves for a while and
identify general consensus (if it exists) on the proposal.  These points
could be summarized for the authors, who would then be asked to respond
(one hopes in no more than a few pages max).  Then the committee could
discuss those points and make a final decision.  Just a suggestion; it
might be a bit cleaner.  -- kp