[CPN] Discussion to incorporate elements of CMB proposal

Mike Keesey keesey at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:44:11 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM, David Tank <dtank at uidaho.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It's been brought to my attention that the results of the vote on the CMB
> proposal have been made public:
>  http://3lbmonkeybrain.blogspot.com/2012/05/phylocode-will-not-be-amended.html
>
> Clearly community discussion is what we wanted all along, but the
> unfortunate thing is that the authors of the proposal found out about the
> results of the vote not from us, but through the grapevine via this blog,
> and they are not too happy about it.

I apologize if my post caused trouble, but I didn't realize the
authors had not been informed. (Isn't one of them on this committee?)

In general I feel the Society could use some sort of defined pipeline
for disseminating information -- those of us on the Publicity
Committee recently started discussing this matter. Perhaps we should
open the discussion up to the ISPN mailing list?

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/