[CPN] Recent items for discussion

de Queiroz, Kevin deQueirozK at si.edu
Fri Nov 18 17:59:31 EST 2011

I don't know that we need more editorial help, as enlisting additional editors would require additional work on the part of the current ones.  The critical issue is whether Jacques will be able to make the Companion Volume a priority in the very near future.

While I agree that a system needs buy-in to be successful, I think that the best way to get buy-in is to produce a good product.  Once the product comes out, it will matter very little that some people previously thought the project was dead (or that it had few followers on Facebook and Twitter).

I don't know what counts as a full Companion Volume.  We never had good coverage of all groups, so it won't be full in that sense.   And some people will likely never resubmit their revised contributions (by a hard deadline to be determined) and thus will have to be left out.  However, I am strongly opposed to publishing a volume that does not contain all of the contributions that were submitted and revised.  Frankly, I don't understand why people are so impatient.  This project has been consuming huge chunks of my life, and I want it to be finished as badly as anyone does, but I'm not going to take a quick and dirty out.

Kevin (de Queiroz)