[CPN] Electronic publication; companion volume

David Marjanovic david.marjanovic at gmx.at
Wed Jan 5 07:23:39 EST 2011

Hello...

I'd like there to be _some_ traffic on this mailing list before my term
runs out. It's not as if we had nothing to discuss. For instance, how about:

- Electronic publication. The current draft of the PhyloCode is even
stricter than the current (1999) edition of the ICZN in requiring ink on
paper. The advantages are clear; but so are the disadvantages. Here
http://chinleana.blogspot.com/2010/12/validity-of-electronically-published.html
is a good, but short discussion; the latter half (of the discussion, not
the opening post) is specifically about the PhyloCode.

- Has any progress been made on the Companion Volume? I haven't had any
news about it for... what, a year and a half?