[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] Counseling Masters Student Research Study

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:34:53 EST 2024

Good morning everyone. Here is an additional opportunity to participate in research.

From: Ellise Suzanne Nolan <eraghav at bgsu.edu>
Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2024 at 11:19 AM
To: Ellise Suzanne Nolan <eraghav at bgsu.edu>
Subject: [External] Counseling Masters Student Research Study - Please pass on to your students!
Use caution with links and attachments.

Dear Students,

My name is Dr. Ellise Nolan, and I am an Assistant Professor in the Counselor Education program at Bowling Green State University. I am seeking participants for my research study titled “A Process of Building Community in Counselor Education Master’s Programs: A Grounded Theory.” This study has been approved by Bowling Green State University’s Institutional Review Board. I am recruiting potential participants who are current masters students in a CACREP-accredited counselor education program.

The purpose of this study is to develop a theory of how the process of building community in a counselor education master’s program happens, including an order of operations, (e.g., how does the order of certain actions affect the process of building community for first year students, second year students, etc.), as well as what actions students, their peers, and faculty members are taking to create a sense of community.

This study also seeks to understand the impact of student identity factors such as gender, race, international student status, and parental status on the development of student sense of community in counselor education master’s programs. The intended implications of this study are to provide a model for counselor educators, program directors, staff, and students themselves to help develop a positive sense of community in their master’s program.

If you choose to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete a brief online demographic questionnaire. Your participation in this study is strictly voluntary. The questionnaire should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. You will also be asked to participate in an online, semi-structured interview via Zoom technology. The interview will take approximately 60-90 minutes to complete and will be audio recorded with your consent. If you have any questions or concerns about your rights as a participant in this study, you may contact the Institutional Review Board at Bowling Green State University at (irb at bgsu.edu<mailto:irb at bgsu.edu>). If you are interested in participating in this study or would like more information, please contact me at Eraghav at bgsu.edu<mailto:Eraghav at bgsu.edu>. Please feel free to forward this call for participants if you know someone that fits the criteria for this study and may be interested in participating.

Thank you,

Ellise Nolan, PhD, NCC | Assistant Professor | (she/they)

CMHSC Practicum & Internship Co-Coordinator

BGSU | Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling Programs |

School of Counseling, Higher Education, Leadership & Foundations

418 Education Building | Bowling Green, OH 43403-0255

(o) 419.372.8292 | (e) eraghav at bgsu.edu

If you have received this email outside of regular office hours, please be assured there is no expectation that you will reply to it outside of your normal working pattern.