[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] Looking for a School Counselor at Lancaster High School (VA)

Counselor Education Program counseloreducation at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:06:34 EDT 2023

Calling all school counselors who may be seeking a position in Lancaster,  Virginia.

From: Mike Myers <mmyers at lcs.k12.va.usa

Dear Recent Counselor Graduate:

It will be my first year at Lancaster High School (VA) where we are assembling a dynamic team.

I am looking for a school counselor to join our family and dynamic school culture at Lancaster High School (VA).  - "Best High School East of the Mississippi".

We also have opportunities to become involved as a sponsor of clubs and activities and coaching opportunities in the following areas:   Head Volleyball Coach, Girls Soccer Head Coach, and Head Swim Coach.

I have been a high school principal for 20+ years.  I know how important supporting staff is to retention.   At Lancaster High School (8-12) I take this seriously.  You will be supported in every way!   I make communication and teamwork a priority.   Teachers are recognized for their incredible efforts.  Counselors are members of our administrative team.  You will be treated like family and you will find purpose in working and making a difference at LHS.

Lancaster County is in the Northern Neck of VA, 50 minutes from Williamsburg, an hour from Richmond, and an hour and a half drive to Fredericksburg.  The Rappahannock River runs through our county and we border the Chesapeake Bay so there is tons of waterfront.  It is a beautiful county.  We have 410 students at our high school so there is ample opportunity to develop strong relationships with our students.

If you are willing to hear more about Lancaster please email me or text me at 804.436.7320.   If you are ready to apply go to the Lancaster County Public Schools (VA) website by clicking on the following link:

 https://lcsd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flcsd.tedk12.com%2Fhire%2Findex.aspx&data=05%7C01%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7C672884ec96e3486774a208db8ecc3680%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C638260780670064860%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=tcUMrO%2F3dRwnoa%2FsJXYeta2whPU9Cs5NW70fhF8eI1g%3D&reserved=0>

Thanks,
Mike Myers, Principal
Lancaster County Public Schools
"Lancaster High School - Best HS East of the Mississippi"
804-436-7320