[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] Seeking Masters Student Research Participants

Counselor Education Program counseloreducation at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 4 12:29:14 EST 2023

Please see below to participate in a research opportunity.

From: Walker, Madison <MadisonWalker2 at my.unt.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 10:00 AM
To: Walker, Madison <MadisonWalker2 at my.unt.edu>
Cc: Jones, Leslie De <LeslieDe.Jones at unt.edu>
Subject: [External] Seeking Masters Student Research Participants
Use caution with links and attachments.

My name is Madison Walker, and I am a doctoral candidate at the University of North Texas, working under the guidance of Dr. Leslie Jones in the Department of Counseling and Higher Education. I am seeking to explore counselors-in-training experiences of expressive arts within their masters practicum supervision. I would be grateful if you would be willing to share the following recruitment email and flyer with the master’s students on your program's listserv.

Subject: Research Study Participants Needed: Experience of Expressive Arts in Practicum Supervision

Hello,

My name is Madison Walker, and I am a doctoral candidate at the University of North Texas, working under the guidance of Dr. Leslie Jones in the Department of Counseling and Higher Education. I am seeking participants for my dissertation research study titled “Exploring Counselors’ Lived Experiences of Expressive Arts in Practicum Clinical Supervision”. The purpose of this study is to explore the experiences of counselors-in-training who participated in expressive arts interventions during their practicum clinical supervision with the hopes of better understanding the practicum supervision experience and how expressive arts impact supervisees’ views of their own growth and development.

If you are 18 years of age or older, a) currently enrolled in a CACREP-accredited master's program, b) currently enrolled or recently completed your practicum clinical experience, and c) participated in a minimum of three (3) expressive art activities in your practicum supervision, I would love the opportunity to hear more about your experience.

Participation in this study includes completing an initial Qualtrics survey taking approximately 5 minutes and one virtual 60-minte semi-structured Zoom interview.

It is important to remember that participation is voluntary. You will not receive compensation for participation. For more information about the study, you can contact me at 972-365-5600 or Madisonwalker2 at my.unt.edu<mailto:Madisonwalker2 at my.unt.edu> or Leslie Jones at Lesliede.Jones at unt.edu<mailto:Lesliede.Jones at unt.edu>.

If you are interested in participating, please follow the link to complete the Qualtrics demographic survey and informed consent: https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ePvbhFbDru4HP4q

Thank you,

Madison Walker, Student Investigator

University of North Texas, Department of Counseling and Higher Education

MadisonWalker2 at my.unt.edu<mailto:MadisonWalker2 at my.unt.edu>

972-365-5600

Leslie Jones, Principal Investigator