[Counselor_Educ] FW: [External] 988 Workforce Webinar Follow-up – Lifeline Center Contacts, AmeriCorps Opportunities, and Upcoming Engagement

Foreman, Tamarine foremant at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:49:46 EDT 2022

Please see below and attached information for employment and volunteer opportunities.

From: External Affairs (HHS) <externalaffairs at hhs.gov>
Date: Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 4:27 PM
To: External Affairs (HHS) <externalaffairs at hhs.gov>
Subject: [External] 988 Workforce Webinar Follow-up – Lifeline Center Contacts, AmeriCorps Opportunities, and Upcoming Engagement
Use caution with links and attachments.
Dear all,

We hope that the start of the new school year has gone well thus far! Thank you again for joining the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for the briefing last month on the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline’s workforce efforts. We kindly ask that you please continue to distribute this webpage<https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/988/jobs> to your colleagues and students and encourage them to apply to their local Lifeline center. Moreover, as we noted on the webinar, we have also attached a document with more information on specific Lifeline centers that are hiring for Crisis Counselors immediately (remote and in-person). Please reach out directly to the points of contact indicated or find more information on the websites linked. Additionally, you may contact Jackie Nickolas (nickolas at health360.org<mailto:nickolas at health360.org>) for opportunities to serve in a 988 center through AmeriCorps; these AmeriCorps opportunities are available nationwide, with rolling start dates from now through next summer.

We have also re-attached the 988 Crisis Counselor job description, along with the one-pager for educational institutions for your reference.

Finally, we wanted to ensure that you saw the invitation for the upcoming webinar for young people and students on 988 resources and workforce opportunities next Thursday, September 15th from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM ET. This webinar is geared towards students, please feel free to share the invite directly with your student bodies or student body organizations (see below).

Thank you all so much for your continued engagement, and your work in this space.

External Affairs
Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, Office of the Secretary
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

--------

Please join the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Vibrant Emotional Health, and co-hosting partners Active Minds and Young Invincibles for a briefing on the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline’s workforce efforts and opportunities for young people to participate.

988 Lifeline call centers are looking for empathetic volunteers, employees, and interns to serve as crisis care counselors answering the phone, chat, and texts, and managers with advanced degrees. During this briefing, you’ll hear directly from HHS senior leadership and students/recent grads who are currently 988 Lifeline Crisis Counselors on the 988 resources available to young people and the workforce opportunities YOU can apply to today.

Date: Thursday, September 15th
Time: 1:30 PM ET – 2:30 PM ET
Register for the briefing here<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zoomgov.com%2Fwebinar%2Fregister%2FWN_5b6LT7LIT_yDJJ3GCyGB8A&data=05%7C01%7Ccounselor_educ%40listserv.ohio.edu%7Ca1bebf4b0d8444d9cee008da91dba9e8%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C637982669884277716%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=%2F6N%2BoHRPIBo0qdB1yZdPbkjkAwV74MZ%2B5EB2MOPuFU8%3D&reserved=0>.