[Counselor_Educ] FW: Development and Validation of the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competency-Inventory

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:16:29 EST 2022

Research Participation Request!

From: Peters, Harvey <hcpeters at email.gwu.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 3:13 PM
Subject: Development and Validation of the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competency-Inventory

Greetings,

We hope this email finds you well. We are currently recruiting master's level and doctoral level students for our study on self-perceived multicultural cultural competency, as defined by the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competencies. The goal of our study is to develop and validate an instrument that will measure the multicultural and social justice counseling competencies. We hope you will consider sending this recruitment email to your student via email or listserv (see below).

We appreciate your time and consideration.

Best,

Harvey

Development and Validation of the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competency-Inventory

Our names are Drs. Thomas Killian of Marist College, Harvey C. Peters of The George Washington University, and Michael Floren of the University of North Alabama. We wish to recruit participants for a research study (IRB#F21-020) on self-perceived multicultural cultural competency, as defined by the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competencies. The goal of our study is to develop and validate an instrument that will measure the multicultural and social justice counseling competencies. You will be asked to answer a number of questions about your self-perceived multicultural and social justice counseling competence. We estimate that this survey will take between 15-25 minutes.

We are looking for individuals who are graduate counseling students currently enrolled in CACREP-accredited master's and doctoral programs. The study is online and anonymous and should take 15-25 minutes to complete. You will be asked to respond to a number of questions related to your self-perceived multicultural cultural competency as defined by the Multicultural Cultural and Social Justice Competencies.

If you wish to participate, please select the link provided below. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Thomas Killian, PhD (thomas.killian at marist.edu<mailto:thomas.killian at marist.edu>), Harvey C. Peters, PhD (hcpeters at gwu.edu<mailto:hcpeters at gwu.edu>), and Michael Floren, PhD (mfloren at una.edu<mailto:mfloren at una.edu>). Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Survey Link:

https://columbiangwu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0kQSmqnG5mfUdBY

Sincerely,

Thomas Killian, PhD

Harvey C. Peters, PhD

Michael Floren, PhD

--
Harvey Charles Peters, Ph.D., NCC
Assistant Professor of Counseling and Human Development

Pronouns: He/Him/His

This email message and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for those to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.