[Counselor_Educ] NCACES Award for the Ohio University PhD Program

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Sat Oct 2 18:53:19 EDT 2021

Hi everyone!

I have very good news!
The Ohio University Counselor Education program will be recognized by the North Central Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (NCACES)  Program with the NCACES Innovative Counselor Education Program Award (Doctoral). NCACES is a regional association of the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) and is comprised of the 13 states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Our nomination packet was supported by our alumni Dr. Jake Protivnak, Professor of Counselor Education at Youngstown State University and Dr. Huan Tang Lu, Assistant Professor at Rowan University. Big thanks to Dr. Protivnak and Dr. Lu!

In continued good news, two of our alumnae are being recognized at the ACES conference.
Recent alumna Dr. Maddie Stevens (PhD 2021) will be recognized as the NCACES Outstanding Doctoral Student of the Year. Maddie is an Assistant Professor at Duquesne University.
Dr. Priscilla Selvaraj (PhD, 2015) will be recognized by Southern ACES as the Outstanding Counselor Educator of the Year! Priscilla is an Assistant Professor at University of Texas at San Antonio.

Kind regards,

Dr. Bhat