[Counselor_Educ] Congratulations to Maddie Stevens - CSI Leadership Intern 2020-2021

Bhat, Christine bhatc at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 20 14:55:48 EDT 2020

Congratulations to Madeleine (Maddie) Stevens, a second-year doctoral student in the Counselor Education and Supervision program. Maddie was recently selected as one of two Leadership Interns for 2020-2021 for Chi Sigma Iota, Counseling, Academic, and Professional Honor Society International. This is a highly competitive national program and we are delighted that Maddie will be representing our program at the national level.

Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) was started with the Alpha Chapter right here at Ohio University in 1985 thanks to the leadership of faculty emeritus Dr. Tom Sweeney. It is now one of the largest counseling organizations with 400+ chapters. CSI’s mission is “to promote scholarship, research, professionalism, leadership and excellence in counseling, and to recognize high attainment in the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence in the profession of counseling.” Maddie is the current president of the Alpha Chapter of CSI, working closely with her leadership team and chapter faculty advisor Dr. Tamarine Foreman.

In her role as a Leadership Intern, Maddie will serve as an editor of CSI’s peer-reviewed Exemplar publication as well as a reviewer for other CSI publications; a member of the Leadership and Advocacy committee; a reviewer of Chapter Grants and Excellence in Research Grants awards; and a reviewer for the Counselors’ Bookshelf. She will work directly with a leader in the counseling profession to receive mentorship, and she will engage directly with CSI’s Executive Council to develop her leadership skills. Congratulations Maddie!!

Remember that on Sat. April 25 (11:30 am on Zoom) we will celebrate our new CSI Alpha chapter initiates and recognize our outstanding students! Congratulations in advance to all who will be recognized for their academic excellence. This will be a great way to bring spring semester 2020 to a close 😊

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D61723.90997A80]