[Counselor_Educ] ACA Resources

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 26 14:39:01 EDT 2018

Please see the below information from ACA-links and upcoming events are highlighted below.

Thanks!
Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, LPC, NCC
Assistant Professor, Counselor Education
McCracken Hall 432V
erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Pronouns: she, her, hers

View Online Version<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjcyNg/index.html>

[https://ACAA.informz.net/ACAA/data/images/acaLogo(301).png?cb=379806]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjcyNw/index.html>

[https://ACAA.informz.net/ACAA/data/images/backtoschool.jpg?cb=767827]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjcyOA/index.html>

Dear Counselor Educator,

Now that the school year is in full swing, we wanted to take this opportunity to highlight some of the top resources we have for you, and your students.

  *   Ethics. Ethics is paramount to the practice of counseling, and ACA is a standout leader in this area. Check out this ACA Code of Ethics<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjcyOQ/index.html> page for a wealth of educational resources.
  *   Research. You and your students can access the most relevant research in counseling through the Journal of Counseling and Development<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczMA/index.html> - complimentary for ACA members. Have you considered submitting an article for publication? Find out how in our Guidelines for Authors<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczMQ/index.html>.
  *   Continuing Education. Save the date to join us in New Orleans, March 28 - 31, 2019, where you can stay on top of the latest in counseling. The summer rates for the ACA 2019 Conference & Expo<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczMg/index.html> have been extended to October 5th. Register early and save up to $150!<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczNA/index.html>
  *   Volunteer & Save. Encourage your students to explore the Graduate Student Volunteer<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczNg/index.html> opportunities at the ACA 2019 Conference & Expo. By volunteering students can save money on conference registration and make a meaningful commitment to ACA!
  *   School Counseling. Do you teach future school counselors? We've updated our resources for Professional School Counselors<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2NjczOA/index.html> – which include tools you can use to help them prepare for the future.
  *   Professional Home. Speaking of Professional School Counselors, in case you missed it, in his recent editorial ACA CEO Richard Yep<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0MA/index.html> discusses the vital role of Professional School Counselors and reinforces his commitment to providing them with a professional home at ACA.
  *   Spread the Word. To help you spread the word about these valuable benefits, we have prepared a presentation, Supporting Your Growth – American Counseling Association<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0MQ/index.html>. Please share this with your students to illustrate how ACA supports their development.
  *   Awards. Coming soon! The ACA Graduate Student Awards and ACA National Awards submission information will open the first week of October. Keep an eye out for application information!

ACA has myriad resources to help counselor educators with your content needs. Take a look at some of our most recent publications:

  *   Multicultural Issues in Counseling: New Approaches to Diversity<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0Mg/index.html>, Fifth Edition (edited by Courtland C. Lee)
  *   Counselor Education in the 21st Century: Issues and Experiences<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0Mw/index.html> (edited by Jane E. Atieno Okech and Deborah J. Rubel)
  *   Counseling for Social Justice, Third Edition<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0NA/index.html> (edited by Courtland C. Lee)
  *   Gatekeeping in the Mental Health Professions<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0NQ/index.html> (edited by Alicia M. Homrich and Kathryn L. Henderson)

We also offer videos on a number of topics, such as:

  *   Multicultural Counseling with Immigrant and Refugee Communities<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0Nw/index.html> (C. and V. Lee) = Webinar
  *   Grant Writing and Proposal Development: Best Practices for Obtaining External Funding<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc0OQ/index.html> (M. Delaney, B Kooyman, L Kooyman) = Ed Session in San Francisco

Sincerely,

ACA Member Services

Our best wishes for a successful school year!

American Counseling Association

6101 Stevenson Ave, Suite 600

Alexandria, VA 22304

800-347-6647 | 800-473-2349

Stop Getting ACA Emails<http://ACAA.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnU9ODkwMjgwMjU0JmxpPTUzMTY2NzUwJmw9aHR0cDovL0FDQUEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvQUNBQS9wYWdlcy9kZWZhdWx0X3Vuc3Vic2NyaWJlP196cz1XSHRlSzF8X3ptaT02OEVj/index.html>

[facebook]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc1Mg/index.html>

[twitter]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc1NA/index.html>

[linkedin]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc1NQ/index.html>

[instagram]<http://acaa.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MDcxNTk4JnA9MSZ1PTg5MDI4MDI1NCZsaT01MzE2Njc1Ng/index.html>