[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Your Help is Needed-Supervision Dissertation Study

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:04:26 EST 2018

Please see below research participation request.

ANE
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Dear Counseling Supervisors and Supervisees,

My name is Dan Li. I am a doctoral candidate in the Counselor Education and Supervision program at the University of Iowa. I am currently working on my dissertation regarding state-transitional dynamics of clinical supervision and factors that may impact these dynamics. This research has been approved by the University of Iowa Institutional Review Board (IRB). As you are part of this community, I am inviting you to participate in my study. The data-collection will follow a two-step procedure: (a) filling out an online survey; and (b) uploading an actual supervision recording (audio or video).

There is no restriction on the content, style, or specialty area of the supervision recording. However, it has to be recorded in anaturalistic setting (not a mock supervision session), which can be recorded in the past for training purposes or will be recorded after you and your supervisor/supervisee agree to participate in this study. It must be at least 15 minutes in length. I encourage you and your supervisor/supervisee to have a discussion before participating in this study so that either of you can upload a supervision recording that you both feel comfortable sharing.

Eligible supervisors include:
(a) University supervisors, doctoral student supervisors, or on-site supervisors;
(b) Supervisors who provided or are currently providing supervision for supervisees;
(c) At least 18 years old.

Eligible supervisees include:
(a) Master’s-level students, doctoral-level students, post-master’s practitioners, or post-doctoral practitioners;
(b) Counseling students/practitioners who received or are currently receiving clinical supervision;
(c) At least 18 years old.

Compensation is available if you complete the entire study. You will have the option of (a) receiving a guaranteed $5 Amazon electronic gift card; or (b) entering a drawing to win one of the five $50 Amazon electronic gift cards.

Your participation is completely voluntary. If you have any questions about the research study itself, please contact Dan Li, N344 Lindquist Center, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, (319) 359-8915.

Thank you very much for your consideration. Please also forward this announcement to other eligible supervisors and supervisees.

This link directs you to the consent document and survey:
https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_en57xB0VFiG5mWV

Sincerely,
Dan Li

Dan Li, M.A., M.A., NCC, LSC
Doctoral Candidate
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Rehabilitation and Counselor Education
The University of Iowa
Phone: (319) 359-8915
E-mail: dan-li at uiowa.edu<mailto:dan-li at uiowa.edu>