[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Dissertation Study Invitation about Compassion Fatigue

Kalkan, Bilal bk369612 at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 8 08:48:20 EDT 2017

Please see the email below from a doctoral student in regards to her dissertation participation request.

Bilal
---

Hello Dr. Kalkan,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding my dissertation study. I am still in the process of collecting data. So, would you please share my invitation with master’s level counseling students at your (former) department?

Thanks,
Nesime Can, M.S.Ed.
Adjunct Seminar Instructor | Department of Undergraduate Studies
Doctoral Candidate | Department of Counseling & Educational Psychology
Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi
ncan at islander.tamucc.edu<mailto:ncan at islander.tamucc.edu>

Invitation to Participate in a Dissertation Study

Dear counseling students:

My name is Nesime Can, and I am a doctoral candidate in the Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi. I am conducting a research study entitled “Caring for Beginning Counselors: The Relationship Between Empathy, Supervisory Working Alliance, Resilience, Wellness, And Compassion Fatigue Among Counselors-In-Training” and I am inviting you to participate in my dissertation study.

To be eligible to participate, you must be a master’s level counselor-in-training, 18 years of age or older, and enrolled in an internship course in a counselor training program across the United States. Preferably, participants have already established a relationship with at least one client at their internship site.

The purpose of this study is to examine the relationship between compassion fatigue and its protective factors among counselors-in-training. This survey will take 15-20 minutes to complete, and your participation is voluntary. You may decide not to participate or to withdraw your participation at any time without your current or future relations with Texas A&M University- Corpus Christi being affected.

The risks associated in this study are minimal and are not considered to be greater than risks ordinarily encountered in daily life. Your information will be kept anonymous. If you have any questions, I can be reached at (267) 231-8567<tel:(267)%20231-8567> or ncan at islander.tamucc.edu<mailto:ncan at islander.tamucc.edu>. If you have additional questions about the study, you can also contact the chair of my dissertation committee, Dr. Joshua C. Watson at Joshua.Watson at tamucc.edu<mailto:Joshua.Watson at tamucc.edu> or (361) 825-2739<tel:(361)%20825-2739>.

This research study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Board and/or the Office of Research Compliance at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. If you have questions about your rights as a participant, please contact the Office of Research Compliance, (361) 825-2497<tel:(361)%20825-2497>, or via email sent to IRB at tamucc.edu<mailto:IRB at tamucc.edu>.

Please click on the link below or copy and paste the link into your internet browser to access the survey if you are interested in participating.
https://tamucc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_erEbIDLqmnAMbgF

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

Regards,
Nesime Can
Doctoral Candidate