[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Master's student research opportunity--Win a $100 Visa gift Card!!!

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Tue May 30 14:23:00 EDT 2017

Sent from my iPad

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Professor and Chair
The Patton College of Education
432D McCracken Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 phone
(740) 593-0477 fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam Carter <adamcarterphd at GMAIL.COM<mailto:adamcarterphd at gmail.com>>
Date: April 27, 2017 at 12:11:16 PM EDT
To: <CESNET-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU<mailto:CESNET-L at listserv.kent.edu>>
Subject: Master's student research opportunity--Win a $100 Visa gift Card!!!

Dear program coordinators, department chairs, and counseling faculty members,

I invite you to forward this research opportunity (outlined below) to your master’s students.  The survey takes about 15 minutes to complete and your students can enter a drawing for one of two $100.00 Visa gift cards.  Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Warmest of regards,

Dr. Adam W. Carter
Northern Illinois University

Hello!

I am writing to invite you to participate in a study entitled "An Exploration of Counseling Students’ Training, Experiences, and Competencies in Counseling Grieving Children.” This project will help us understand how counseling programs are preparing you as a counselor-in-training to work with grieving children. The findings of this study will be used to help inform the way counselor education programs create experiences in and outside of the classroom to help better prepare counselors to provide grief and loss services to children and families. Please note, you do not have to or want to specialize in working with children to participate in the study.

This study consists of an online survey that is expected to take 15 -20 minutes to complete. The survey is easily completed on a smartphone, tablet, or computer. After completing the survey, you will have the opportunity to enter a drawing for one of two $100.00 Visa gift cards by providing your e-mail address when prompted. If you choose to participate, you may click on the link below to access the survey.

Inclusion Criteria
If you are a graduate student in a counseling based master’s program, are over 18 years of age, and you are either enrolled in or have completed your 600-hour internship experience, then you qualify to be a participant in this study.

Here is the link to the study:
Counseling Grieving Children Training Survey<https://niu.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cUDLD5c1B8PJCGV>

Confidentiality
Your participation is completely confidential.  The answers you provide on the survey will not be linked to your e-mail address if you choose to enter the Amazon gift card drawing.

Most importantly, your participation is voluntary.  You may choose not to participate at all, or you may refuse to answer certain questions or discontinue your participation at any time without penalty.

Additional Questions
At the bottom of this e-mail, I have included my contact information. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about this project.  The Northern Illinois University Office of Research Compliance can answer general questions about the research approval process and can be reached at (815) 753-8588.

With warmest of regards,

Dr. Adam W. Carter
Assistant Professor of Counseling
Northern Illinois University