[Counselor_Educ] FW: Notice to all Faculty and Staff

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 13 08:43:46 EDT 2017

From: Crockron, Ivy
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 8:31 AM
Subject: Notice to all Faculty and Staff

--Forwarded on behalf of Cindy Hartman.  *Faculty please share with your students.

Dear Colleagues,
I hope that you will join me and the Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools as we welcome Mr. Tom Ash, Director of Governmental Relations for the Buckeye Association of School Administrators, who is the newly announced Hicks Executive in Residence for 2017.  In his current capacity, Mr. Ash represents school district leaders from throughout Ohio before the Ohio General Assembly and various state agencies and organizations and provides technical assistance to BASA members. This position provides him with a  unique perspective of the current state of affairs of education in Ohio and around the country.
As part of his Hicks appointment, Mr. Ash will be presenting a public presentation, "Witnessing the Death of a Profession?"  on March 14 from  12:15 - 1:30 PM in McCracken 105.  A light lunch will be provided.
I sincerely hope that you will invite and encourage your students to attend this presentation. In the current educational climate, this should be an important topic for future educators and university faculty who value public education!
Prior to his current appointment, Mr. Ash completed thirty-five years in public education with 21 of those as a superintendent in two school districts, served as the 30th President of BASA in 1999-2000 and also is the editor of The Management Guide for School Leaders, an annual reference publication for superintendents and central office administrators.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
--
Cindy Hartman, M. Ed.
Educational Administration Program

The Patton College of Education
322A McCracken Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-4464<tel:(740)%20593-4464>
740-707-2306<tel:(740)%20707-2306> (cell)
hartmanc at ohio.edu<mailto:hartmanc at ohio.edu>

[Ohio University]

Ivy Crockron
Executive Assistant to the Dean