[Counselor_Educ] Research participation request

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 6 16:16:43 EDT 2017

Hello!

My name is Dr. Michael Gale, and I am a Visiting Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Hartford. My colleagues, Drs. Melanie Lantz and Kristin McLaughlin, and I are working to develop a measure of graduate multicultural counseling training, and we are writing to invite you to participate in the study. As it is a scale development study, we are hoping to recruit a large sample.

This study is for both post-graduates and students! If you have received a Master’s or doctorate, or are currently a Master’s or doctoral student, in an applied mental health field (e.g., counseling psychology, clinical psychology, mental health counseling, social work, school counseling, school psychology, and rehabilitation counseling) and interested in participating in this study, please follow the included link to the Informed Consent page:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MCTQDev

Participation is voluntary, and your answers will be anonymous. The survey is expected to take approximately 20 minutes. There are no expected risks to this study; the benefit of this study is your contribution to the better understanding of multicultural counseling training that may help inform graduate training of counselor trainees.
Participants will be eligible to win one of 5 $20 Amazon gift cards; if you would like to be entered into the drawing, submit your name and e-mail address to the e-mail address listed at the end of the study.

This study has been approved by the Louisiana Tech University Institutional Review Board. If you have any questions about the study, please feel free to contact the primary investigator, Dr. Lantz, at mmlantz at latech.edu<mailto:mmlantz at latech.edu>. If you have questions concerning your rights as a research participant or if you wish to report any concerns about the study, please contact one of the representatives of Louisiana Tech University’s Office of Regulatory Research Compliance (see below).

Louisiana Tech University Institutional Review Board:
Stan Napper, Ph.D. (318) 257-3056 or san at coes.latech.edu<mailto:san at coes.latech.edu>
Mary Margaret Livingston, Ph.D. (318) 257-2292 or maryml at latech.edu<mailto:maryml at latech.edu>

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Michael M. Gale, Ph.D.
--
Michael M. Gale, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychology