[Counselor_Educ] FW: Dynamics & Affordable Ethics and Supervision Training--Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 25 11:33:42 EDT 2017

Thanks!

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
Counselor Education Program Coordinator
Lecturer and Interim Director of the George E. Hill Center
McCracken Hall 437A
100 E. Union St.
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457
Fax: (740) 593-0477
Email: erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Website: www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/>

From: OCA Listserve <OCA-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU> on behalf of Allison Bruce <bruce.professionalcounselor at GMAIL.COM>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11:15 AM
To: "OCA-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU" <OCA-L at LISTSERV.KENT.EDU>
Subject: Dynamics & Affordable Ethics and Supervision Training--Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown

Please Join Us For

 Creative Approaches to Ethics and Supervision

Friday June 9th, 2017

Ethical Considerations When Working With Survivors of Trauma

This training allows us to look at our work with trauma survivors through the lens of ethics and trauma informed care.  With a sample case study we will examine and discuss the unique ethics and boundary dilemmas that arise when working with traumatized individuals.  We will pay special attention to the boundaries, scope of practice, confidentiality, and the importance of trust when working with survivors.

Presenter: Elizabeth Bach-Van Valkenburgh, MASSA, LISW-S

3 CEU’s (General or Ethics) for Counselors and Social Workers

9am-12:15pm     Cost $40

Shame:  A Supervision Approach

Shame is part of the human experience for everyone.  This training allows us to examine the impact of shame on clinicians and ways in which shame disrupts connection.  We will explore the dynamics of shame using many different approaches, including exploring the role of neurobiology in the shame response.    We will discuss how supervisors will learn how unexplored shame responses in the clinician can result in counter transference and ways to address this with supervisees without creating a new shame experience.

Presenter: Allison Bruce, M.Ed.,PCC & Carrie Burick, ATR, PCC-S

3 CEU’s (General or Supervision) for Counselors and Social Workers

1:15pm-4:30pm   Cost: $40

*Stay for both trainings and take $10 total off your registration fee

To register call Carrie Burick at  216-577-6631 or email at selfcaretools at yahoo.com<mailto:selfcaretools at yahoo.com>

Location: Pepper Pike Learning Center

32000 Chagrin Blvd., Pepper Pike  44124 (between Lander and SOM Center)

Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124

--
Allison Bruce, M.Ed, PCC
Professional Clinical Counselor