[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Facilitating Students' Navigation of Value Conflicts: Call for Research with Counselor Educators and Supervisors

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Fri Nov 18 17:33:45 EST 2016

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Professor and Chair
Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
Patton College of Education
79 S. Court Street
N252 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 Phone
(740) 593-0477 Fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Heidi McKinley <mckiheid at isu.edu<mailto:mckiheid at isu.edu>>
Date: November 18, 2016 at 10:37:33 AM EST
To: Undisclosed recipients:;
Subject: Facilitating Students' Navigation of Value Conflicts: Call for Research with Counselor Educators and Supervisors

Dear Counselor Educator or Supervisor,

I would be very appreciative if you would please forward this call for research participants along to your fellow faculty educators and supervisors. Thank you so much!

Dear Counselor Educator and Supervisor,

My name is Heidi McKinley and I am a doctoral candidate at Idaho State University. I am excited to begin my dissertation research. Do you have insight into helping counselors-in-training navigate value conflicts related to their conservative religious beliefs and working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning and intersex (LGBTQI) clients? Is this a process in which you have struggled with or have found success in? I would like to have your voice represented in my dissertation research!

The purpose of this study is to explore the process of counselor educators helping counselors-in-training navigate value conflicts pertaining to their conservative religious beliefs conflicting with the ACA Code of Ethics when working with LGBTQI clients. I am interested to hear from faculty who are employed in CACREP accredited counselor-training programs and who have insight or particular interest in this topic. If you choose to participate in this study there will be two rounds of interviews and member checks with the total time for participation estimated to be between 2-4 hours.

Participation is completely voluntary and you may withdraw at any time. There is minimal risk associated with participating in this study. There is the possibility of distress occurring as you share experiences related to the process of assisting counselors-in-training with the navigation of value conflicts. If this occurs, I commit to discuss your experience with you and, if necessary, refer you for counseling. As a show of appreciation, each participant will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.

This study has been approved by the Idaho State University Human Subject Committee and the reference number is IRB-FY2017-31.

If you are interesting in participating in this study and/or have any questions, please contact me directly at mckiheid at isu.edu<mailto:mckiheid at isu.edu>. Thank you so much for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Heidi McKinley, LPC, doctoral candidate

Idaho State University
Department of Counseling
mckiheid at isu.edu<mailto:mckiheid at isu.edu>

921 S. 8th St., Stop 8120
Pocatello, ID 83209-8123
(712 Garrison Hall)

** Caution: due to the very nature of email communication, information you share with me in an email cannot be made completely confidential.  Please consider this as you communicate with me through email. **