[Counselor_Educ] FW: Job Announcement: Tenure Track Counselor Education position at Southern Oregon University

Erby, Adrienne erby at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 8 19:38:01 EST 2016

See below for job announcement
Thanks!

Adrienne N. Erby, PhD, NCC
Counselor Education Program Coordinator
Lecturer and Interim Director of the George E. Hill Center
79  S. Court Street
N160F Lindley Hall
Athens, OH 45701

Phone: (740) 593-4457
Fax: (740) 593-0477
Email: erby at ohio.edu<mailto:erby at ohio.edu>
Website: www.ohio.edu

From: <cdchristopherson at gmail.com<mailto:cdchristopherson at gmail.com>> on behalf of Cody Christopherson <christoc1 at sou.edu<mailto:christoc1 at sou.edu>>
Date: Monday, February 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM
To: Cody Christopherson <christoc1 at sou.edu<mailto:christoc1 at sou.edu>>
Subject: Job Announcement: Tenure Track Counselor Education position at Southern Oregon University

Hello,

Please forward this job announcement to PhD/EdD alumni or near graduates (ABD is acceptable) who may be looking for an academic position in a beautiful location. The position is tenure-track and would involve working both in our CACREP accredited masters program in Mental Health Counseling as well as some teaching in our undergraduate psychology program.

Here is the link for the full position description.<https://jobs.sou.edu/postings/4685>

The Division of Social Sciences, program of Psychology at Southern Oregon University (SOU) is seeking candidates for a full-time, nine month, tenure track, Assistant Professor. This position will play a key role in the Master in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program at SOU. Teaching responsibilities include graduate courses in Counseling Theories, Advanced Psychopathology, Practicum, Professional Guidance, and undergraduate Introductory Psychology and Abnormal Psychology. Administrative responsibilities may include assessment and clinical coordination for Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.

Located in beautiful Ashland Oregon, SOU is an inclusive campus community dedicated to student success, intellectual growth, and responsible global citizenship. SOU is committed to a challenging and practical liberal arts education centered on student learning, accessibility, and civic engagement; academic programs, partnerships, public service, outreach, sustainable practices, and economic development activities that address regional needs such as health and human services, business, and education; and outstanding programs that draw on and enrich our unique arts community and bio-region.

Diversity Statement
Southern Oregon University is a welcoming community committed to inclusive excellence and the celebration of diversity. Without diversity, our educational process is diminished. Working together in support of our commitment to diversity, we strengthen and enrich our role as learners, educators, and members of a tightly connected global community. We encourage those who share in our commitment to diversity, to join our community and we expect all our employees to demonstrate an ability and desire to create an inclusive campus community.

Minimum Qualifications
• Initial appointment at the rank of assistant professor requires a terminal degree in the discipline taught or is ABD.
• Individual must be State of Oregon licensed or license-eligible,within two years of accepting job offer.
• Applicants should provide documented evidence of student teaching evaluations, scholarly activities and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing research experiences for undergraduate students.

Preferred Qualifications
• Ph. D. from a CACREP accredited Counselor Education program preferred
• Prior teaching at the college/university level is strongly preferred.

Cody Christopherson, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology, Southern Oregon University

1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland Oregon
97520

T: 541.552.8491<tel:541.552.8491>
christoc1 at sou.edu<mailto:christoc1 at sou.edu>

Reminder: E-mail is not a secure medium.  Any message or reply to your message could be intercepted and read by someone else.  Please bear this in mind when deciding whether to send an email.