[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: ARCA- Call for Student Involvement

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Sun Nov 22 20:56:49 EST 2015

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Associate Professor and Chair
Counseling and Higher Education
Ohio University
Patton College of Education
79 S. Court Street
N248 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 Phone
(740) 593-0477 Fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu>

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Richardson, Taryn V" <taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu<mailto:taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu>>
Date: November 22, 2015 at 8:01:29 PM EST
To: "Richardson, Taryn V" <taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu<mailto:taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu>>
Subject: ARCA- Call for Student Involvement

Greetings!

Hope all is well. I am the Student Task Force representative for the American Rehabilitation Counseling Association (ARCA). Recently, ARCA has been working to increase its student involvement. With that said, I need your help. I am writing CORE accredited programs to ask that review and share this information with your students. Below I have included a special note for students, and it is my hope that you can send throughout your program's listserv (in addition to the attachments).

Thanks in advance,
Taryn Richardson M.A., CRC
Doctoral Student
ARCA Student Task Force Representative

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
The University of Iowa
Rehabilitation and Counselor Education
taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu<mailto:taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu>

Leaders. Scholars. Innovators

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

My name is Taryn Richardson and I wanted to introduce myself to you as your Student Task Force Representative for the American Rehabilitation Counseling Association (ARCA). Recently, ARCA has been working to increase its student involvement. With that said, we need your help!

Currently, we are in need of a student representative from your institution. This individual would work with me to get students involved in ARCA and provide me with feedback from current ARCA student members at your university regarding any recommendations about how to improve ARCA to maximize its benefits to students and their professional development. In addition, we are in the process of trying to increase student chapters across institutions, please contact me if there is any interest in starting an ARCA student chapter at your university.

If you would like more information about how to become more involved with the ARCA Student Task Force (i.e., associate and regional representative), please see the Student Task Force Volunteer Opportunities attachment for more information. In addition, if you are not sure what region please see Rehabilitation Counseling Training Programs by Region attachment.

For those of you, who have an active student chapter; please see the ARCA Student Chapters attachment.

Please visit our website regularly. This website provides information regarding ARCA, upcoming conferences, networking opportunities, and an application form. JOIN ARCA!

If you are interested and know of any other students who are interested, please feel free to share this information. Please do not hesitate to contact me at taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu<mailto:taryn-richardson at uiowa.edu> with any questions or concerns.

Hope to hear from you soon and/or see you in Canada at the ACA 2016 International Conference!

Sincerely,

Taryn V. Richardson