[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: Dissertation Research on Trans* Counseling Competencies

Robinson, Mona robinsoh at ohio.edu
Sat Dec 5 07:26:41 EST 2015

Sent from my iPad

Mona Robinson, PhD, LPCC-S, LSW, CRC
Associate Professor and Chair
The Patton College of Education
N248 Lindley Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-4461 phone
(740) 593-0477 fax
robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Cor, Deanna" <dncor at email.gwu.edu<mailto:dncor at email.gwu.edu>>
Date: December 4, 2015 at 9:00:04 PM EST
To: robinsoh at ohio.edu<mailto:robinsoh at ohio.edu>
Subject: Dissertation Research on Trans* Counseling Competencies

Greetings Dr. Robinson,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Deanna Cor and I am a doctoral candidate at The George Washington University. I am reaching out in the hopes of your assistance. I am in the midst of conducting my dissertation research, which requires participants who are students from CACREP-accredited counseling programs. I invite counselor education faculty members to also participate in this research.  I would greatly appreciate your passing along the link below to current students and faculty as well as the departmental listserv. The distribution of this survey will not only help me to complete my research but it also offers students and faculty an opportunity to be entered in a drawing for one of 10 gift cards for $50 to Amazon.com<http://amazon.com> for their participation.  Below is an email, including the survey link, that you can forward to students and faculty in your department. I thank you in advance for your consideration and am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you,

Deanna Cor

---
Dear Colleagues,

You are invited to participate in a research study examining counselor competency for working with clients identifying as trans*. The purpose of this study is to understand the usefulness of an assessment for predicting levels of competency among counseling students and faculty.

In order to participate, you must fit the following criteria:
-Current full-time/part-time enrollment in a CACREP-accredited counseling program OR
-Current faculty member in a CACREP-accredited counseling program

All participants are entitled to be entered in a drawing for the chance to win one of ten gift cards worth $50 to Amazon.com<http://amazon.com>. If you are interested in the drawing, following the completion of the survey, you will be directed to write to an email address to express interest in entering the drawing.  You are not required to email the researcher if you are not interested in being entered in the drawing.

This study is strictly confidential; information will not be linked to your responses. Total duration to complete the necessary information will take no longer than 20 minutes. Participation in this research study is voluntary. You have the right to stop at any time. If you are willing to volunteer for this study, please click on the link below which will take you to the informed consent and survey for the study.  Please feel free to forward this email to other counseling students/instructors.

Survey Link: https://columbiangwu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5vR2LsFFaWPZOiF

For any questions or concerns, please contact any of the following researchers:
Deanna Cor (dncor at email.gwu.edu<mailto:dncor at email.gwu.edu> or 407.702.5302<tel:407.702.5302>)
Sam Steen (slsteen at email.gwu.edu<mailto:slsteen at email.gwu.edu> or 202.994.2339<tel:202.994.2339>)

If you have questions regarding your rights as a research participant, please contact the Office of Human Research, The George Washington University at 202-994-2715<tel:202-994-2715> or ohrirb at gwu.edu<mailto:ohrirb at gwu.edu>.

Thank you in advance for helping to increase the understanding of counseling competencies for work with clients identifying as trans*.

--
Deanna N. Cor, LPC (DC), NCC
Doctoral Candidate, Counselor Education and Supervision

"Rights are won only by those who make their voices heard." -Harvey Milk