[Counselor_Educ] Vote "YES" for Mental Health (Issue 16) - November 8, 2011

Williams, Natalie nw351909 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 25 15:01:50 EDT 2011

Please see below for information regarding Issue 16, the mental health levy in Athens County. Issue 16 will be on the ballot November 8, 2011. As counselors and counselor educators in Athens County, as "YES" vote will ensure that services continue to be available to clients in this area.

Join me in voting YES for Issue 16 on Nov. 8th

Editor, The Messenger:

On Nov. 8, voters will have the chance to approve a 10-year replacement levy for mental health and recovery services in our community: Issue 16. This is not a new tax; it replaces a tax levy that was first approved in 1991. This levy is critical for the support of the local community mental health system. At Tri-County Mental Health, these dollars fund our 24-hour crisis intervention services, our eight-bed crisis residential center and outpatient services for the non-Medicaid poor.

Unlike other local tax levies that have been in the news recently, the 317 Board Mental Health and Recovery levy expends all funds every year. There are no surplus funds. Thus, if this levy fails, there will be significant disruption in local services. Please vote to maintain an important piece of the local safety net for our poor and our mentally ill. Vote for the 317 Board Replacement levy — Issue 16.

George P. Weigly

Tri-County Mental Health and Counseling

Athens

For more information on the 317 Board, please go to: http://www.317board.org/

To register to vote in Athens County, please go to: http://athensboardofelections.com/default.aspx

For information on student voter eligibility please go to: http://www.ohio.edu/vote/

Thank you for your time,

Natalie F. Williams, M.S.
President, Chi Sigma Iota - Alpha Chapter
Doctoral Student