[Counselor_Educ] Fwd: IARP Student Paper Competition

Dr. Mona Robinson robinsoh at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:42:01 EDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from IARP-HQ at tcag.com -----
From: IARP-HQ at tcag.com
To: robinsoh at ohio.edu
Subject: IARP Student Paper Competition
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:16:49 -0400

August 5, 2010

Dear Faculty:

I am writing to ask your assistance in distributing information about IARP's
2010 Student Papers for Scholarship and Publication Awards. As we begin the
2010 academic year, this is an ideal time to remind Rehabilitation Counseling
Program faculty of this opportunity for graduate students.

As the competition states, IARP and its CM Section held its first competition
last year with three finalists presenting their papers orally at the Spring,
2010 conference. All three received cash awards as well as having their
submissions published in our association's professional journals. In addition,
the section was successful in getting additional funds for complementary IARP
memberships for all three students and travel reimbursement funds from their
geographic chapters to help defer the costs of participating in the
conference. We are hopeful the same local chapter support can be arranged for
this year's competition.

To qualify, doctoral or master's students from your program must submit 7
copies of their paper in APA 6th edition style (approximately 15 pages of
text); a cover page giving the student's full name, address, telephone number,
title of paper; an abstract (150 words maximum); and a written statement from
the student's faculty advisor verifying current student status and that the
paper is the sole work of the student. PAPERS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN
DECEMBER 7, 2010 to be accepted for the competition.

All entries must be free-standing papers, written between January 1, 2010 and
December 1, 2010. More specific information may be found on the attached
announcement of the competition.

Thank you in advance for distributing the attached flyer to your program's
faculty. We hope faculty who required papers as part of their spring papers as
well as faculty who require papers for the fall to seriously consider
encouraging students to participate in this professional development
opportunity. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to
contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

J. Patrick Decoteau, Ph.D., CRC/LRC
Coordinator of the 2010 CM Student Paper Competition
jdecotea at spfldcol.edu 413-748-3482

images.magnetmail.net/images/clients/TCAG_IARP/attach/Call_for_Student_Papers_2
011.doc
(http://images.magnetmail.net/images/clients/TCAG_IARP/attach/Call_for_Student_
Papers_2011.doc)

message_id=1076970&user_id=TCAG_IARP&recipient_id=547033744&email=robinsoh at ohio
.edu&group_id=479112

----- End forwarded message -----

Mona Robinson, Ph.D., PCC, CRC
Associate Professor
Counselor Education
Rehabilitation Counseling and Lancaster Program Coordinator
President-Elect, NAMRC
Ohio University
Gladys W. & David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Counseling and Higher Education
321B McCracken Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701
740-593-4461 Office