[Ohio Cycling] 9/26/13 MTB MEETING

Stephen Bartone bartone12 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 10:39:50 EDT 2013

Hey guys and gals,

A few things that were left out at the meeting. First regarding a group
ride: Instead of holding a club ride I am encouraging everyone to go check
out the mountain bike enduro this Sunday! There is a facebook page for all
the info. It's going to be a fun, free, well organized event welcoming all
skill levels (really, the fastest rider does not win!) This is group riding
at its best and a chance to meet and greet with tons of local mountain
bikers. I know a few club members including myself will be there. There is
the option to either bike out to the beach or drive. If folks would like to
carpool or would like to follow someone out there please contact me. We
don't want anyone not participating due to inability to get out to the
start.

Second, for clarity, the gear prices are all discounted for due-paying
members by $5 EXCEPT for the t-shirts and long sleeves. There has also been
a release of a new 'trail' short by Champ-sys, the company making our
custom gear. This is a bit more fitted than the Downhill short but not skin
tight. The trail short is coming in at a lower price point too so this will
be appealing to many more folks who want a comfortable, durable pair of
do-it-all riding shorts. We'll have full details at next weeks' meeting.

Enjoy and sunshiny weekend and hope to see you at the enduro!

Cheers,

OU MTB

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Fratczak, Matthew <mf146109 at ohio.edu>wrote:

> Thursday, September 26, 2013
>

> Hey guys,
>
> Just a quick refresher of tonights meeting:
>
> Look on Facebook for group ride times. Possibly this Sunday.
>
> Trail work next Wednesday at 6:00. Come hang out and work on some of the
> best trails in southeast Ohio.
>

> Ohio University riding apparel will be available soon. Jerseys and Shorts
> will be available. We will have down hill as well as Xc gear available. We
> will be taking preorders this year so get in touch with Steve if you are
> interested.
>         Pricing:
>                 Downhill Jerseys $65
>                 DH Shorts $100
>                 Short sleeve jerseys available for $60 to $80 depending on
> desired quality
>                 Bibs $100/ Riding Shorts $95
>                 T-Shirts $15, Long Sleeves $20
>                 *Member Discount $5 off every article of apparel.
>

> 7 Springs Trip!!!  Lift access mountain biking, all descent and no
> climbing. Oh yeaa!!! Roughly $37 per lift ticket and Rentals Available on
> site (call ahead if you want that). Although everything is doable on a hard
> tail. Day Trip to 7 Springs is going to be October 12th Or 19th. Details
> will be hammered out next meeting so your presence is recommended.
>
> Happy Trails!
>
> Matt

Stephen M. Bartone
Ohio University