[ASU] ISU President's impeachment

Ogundimu, Adedayo ao281809 at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 10 16:06:13 EST 2015

Hello ASU,

I am proud of your efforts at promoting African heritage in the diaspora. However, you might want to know that ignorance is a disease that knows no geographical or socio-economic endowments.

It might interest you to know that most people in the world today believe that AFRICA is only one tiny, insignificant country where man and animal still compete for a space on tree top at bed time. This and many other grandmother tales about other cultures abound in much of the the "enlightened" world. As an African proverb posits, "he who has never ventured a visit to another's farm tend to hold on to the false belief that his father's farm is the biggest in the whole wide world". In other words, travelling is an essential part of education - (experiential learning). Simply put, what you don't know you simply don't know.

To minimize this type of unpleasant incident in the future, perhaps ASU might want to lift many above ignorance by organizing appropriate educational programs and international/cultural exchange programs that focus on African countries and cultures.

The words of our elders are words of wisdom (more valuable than to "google it").

Adedayo Ogundimu, B.Sc. Hons.,  M.A. (Ohio)
Doctoral Candidate
Educational Leadership and Administration Program
The Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
McCracken Hall
Athens OH 45701
U.S.A.