[ASU] ASU Elections and Awards

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:49:43 EDT 2014

Hello Members,

I am writing to inform you that at this evening's GB Meeting we chose our
election committee. This is in accordance with the ASU constitution. It is
as follows (by consensus of those members present):

Chair Person: Fatoumata Doumbia
Chair Assistant 1: Abraham Zere
Chair Assistant 2: Rhoda Doku

Please note the following about nominations and elections (per the ASU
Constitution):

1. Elections will held Saturday April 26th at 3:00pm in Walter Hall room
245.
2. ONLY those who are an active member this semester may vote in the
election. Meaning that you must have attended two GB meetings THIS semester
(signed the attendance form) and paid for dues for this semester. If you do
not pay your dues you will not qualify for voting.
3. ONLY those who are an active member this semester will be qualified to
be nominated and run for an ASU executive position. Again, you must have
been at two ASU GB meetings and paid your dues to qualify for nomination
and executive member candidacy.
4. The Election Committee Chairperson announced above will open nominations
via the ASU listserv at her convenience.

Please see the new constitution for further details and executive job
descriptions.

In other news, we will be awarding deserving members with an award for
their dedicated service. If you believe there is a member that deserves an
outstanding member award please email me at lh144809 at ohio.edu. These awards
will be presented on Saturday May 3rd during the ASU and African Studies MA
party (details to follow).

Thank you very much,

Lauren Ziegler
--