[ASU] Meeting Minutes

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:44:06 EST 2013

Dear ASU,

Thanks to everyone who came to our meeting this Saturday. Here are the
details of what we scheduled:

We are currently preparing for African Heroes Night. Our Hero has agreed to
come on March 16th. Last year we had a fashion show and some music, food
and dancing. Please contact Fatoumata (fd310607 at ohio.edu) with ideas or if
you are willing to volunteer and help out! We need as many people as
possible!

We are still finalizing the schedule for African Cultural Week. At the
meeting we discussed positives and negatives of hosting a forum about the
present conflict in Mali.

We also had requests to have ASU present about our finances, and to become
more involved in the performing arts on campus.

Attached is the revised ASU constitution that our constitutional review
committee has created. We will be voting on the changes soon so please come
to the next meeting with ideas or suggestions.

We hope everyone has a good week.

Best,

African Student Union
Ohio University