[ASU] Meeting Minutes 9/4/12

African Student Union at OU asu.ohio at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:47:51 EDT 2012

Dear ASU,

Thanks again to everyone who came to our meeting this Tuesday, here are the
minutes:

African Student Union Meeting Minutes -Sept 4, 2012       asu.ohio at gmail.com

·         Crossover will be held on October 6th
Crossover is an event held every year to welcome new students and ASU
members. There will be food music and dancing! But it will only be as good
as we make it so please help out, volunteer, give us ideas and suggestions
so that we can make this the best Crossover possible!

o   Committees
If you would like to serve on any of these committees please contact one of
the executive board members heading that committee

§  Setup/Take down- Kingsley (ka101410 at ohio.edu) Laura (lh264909 at ohio.edu)
§  Logistics/ticketing- Emmanuelle (aa4937112 at ohio.edu) Ben (
ba142511 at ohio.edu)
§  Publicity-Phili (pb227710 at ohio.edu)
§  Entertainment & Programming- Phili and Michael
§  Food-Vieux (vt079511 at ohio.edu) Eden (ea168207 at ohio.edu)

§ Dues
After voting, 21/27 people in the meeting agreed to change the dues, they
are now $7 a semester and $14 a year which is less than last year which was
$15 a year and $5 a quarter

§  GB Meetings will be the last Saturday of every month at 5pm. We will
contact everyone about the location closer to the date

§  Ideas for future ASU events
We discussed different ways to make sure our programming is diverse and
representative of the whole continent of Africa (at least 15 countries were
represented just at our meeting!)

Possibly a beauty contest for men and women: Mr and Miss Africa

 more academic/educational events/discussions about Africa

Thanks again for coming and don't hesitate to contact us with any thoughts,
questions, concerns or aspirations!

--
African Student Union
Ohio University