[ASU] International Week 2012 and meeting on Friday

Hyde, Laura lh264909 at ohio.edu
Mon May 14 15:27:45 EDT 2012

Happy International Week everyone!

    ASU will be having a General Body meeting on Friday from 5pm-6pm on the 3rd floor of Alden in the Friends of the Library Room.

    We will also have a booth at the international street fair this coming Saturday from 11am-5pm. We will be selling:

Bottled water
Bissap Juice
Cardamom cookies
Puff-puffs

Here is the list of people signed up to help volunteer at the booth on Saturday:
Setup: Vieux, Kingsley, Emmanuelle
11am -- Kingsley, Vieux, Emmanuelle
12pm -- Kingsley, Vieux, Emmanuelle
1pm -- Kingsley
2pm -- Ben
3pm -- Ben
4pm --Laura
5pm --
Take down:
If you would like to help make any of these dishes, or are available to help work the booth on Saturday, please let me know ASAP!

Below are the upcoming events for International Week, hope to see you all there!

----------------

Participate in International Week 2012!
International Week 2012 is here and this year we will be celebrating Ohio's international history! We'll be kick starting the week this year with Keynote Speaker Koko Kondo on Monday May 14th. Activities will continue throughout the week including a talent show, soccer tournament, and Street Fair. This year is 30th anniversary of the International Street Fair, so it will be are grandest yet. Come celebrate and learn about the different cultures that are all around you and represent the one you come from. All events are free and open to the public. For more information go to www.facebook.com/OU.International.Week/<http://www.facebook.com/OU.International.Week/> or www.ohio.edu/internationalweek<http://www.ohio.edu/internationalweek> . See below for a schedule of events.

Sunday May 13th:
· World Cup Soccer
   o 12PM-6PM, Peden Stadium
Monday May 14th:
· International Photography Contest Open House
o 3PM-5PM, Court Street Coffee (67 S. Court St.)
o SponsoredLamborn’s Studio – photos will be on display throughout International Week
· International Week Keynote Address: Koko Kondo
o “Sixty-Seven Years After the A-Bomb: Personal Thoughts and Reflections on Hiroshima”
o 7PM, Baker University Center Ballroom
Tuesday May 15th:
· International Tea Tasting
   o 4PM-5PM, Walter International Education Center 106
· Experiencing Diversity Abroad Student Panel
o Sponsored by OMSAR and the Office of Education Abroad
o 6PM-7:30PM, Walter Hall 135
· DIVERSITY2012 at OHIO.EDU<mailto:DIVERSITY2012 at OHIO.EDU> : International Interpretations of Ohio University Forum
o Sponsored by Student Senate International Affairs Commission
o 6PM-7:30PM, Walter International Education Center 106
Wednesday May 16th:
· Global Scoop
  o 2PM-4:30PM, Baker University Center Theater Lounge
· A Taste of Study Abroad
  o 5PM-7PM, Grover Atrium
Thursday May 17th:
· ISU Talent Show
  o 6PM-9PM, Baker University Center Theater
· Marti &Stewie – International Craft Night
  o 9PM- 12AM, West 82 Food Court
Friday May 18th:
· International Studies Forum - International Music Fusion or Music as an International Bridge
  o Dr. Ryan Skinner, Assistant Professor of Musicology (Ethnomusicology) at Ohio State University
  o 3PM, Anderson Auditorium (Scripps Hall, Room 111)
Saturday May 19th:
· 30 th International Street Fair
  o 11AM- 5PM, Court Street
Sunday May 20th:
· World Cup Soccer Championship & FREE BBQ lunch
  o 2PM-6PM, Peden Stadium

All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted. International Week is sponsored by the International Student Union with support from the Senate Appropriations Commission, International Student and Faculty Services and the International Week Committee .

---
Laura Hyde
Ohio University
College of Arts and Sciences
Students Teaching About Racism in Society, Vice President
Triota Women's and Gender Studies Honor Society, Secretary
African Student Union, Member
lh264909 at ohio.edu<mailto:lh264909 at ohio.edu>