[ASU] Update on the upcoming African Cultural Week Aprl 23rr-April 28th and International Week May 13th-May 19th

Manu Nguéyanouba manu18.06 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:40:46 EDT 2012

Dear General Assembly
I am pleased to update you on our last events of the year: The African
Cultural Week to be held from April 23rd, this coming monday, to April 28th
and the International Week.
I am very excited for this year's Afican Cultural Week because of some
interesting innovations in the week-long event we are offering to Ohio
University and the Athens' Community.
First and foremost, for our opening ceremony on monday April 23rd, we are
having a discussion panel instead of the usual Opening lecture. We are
celebrating women in leadership this year and our theme is narrowed down to
*“From National Peace-Building to Progress Democratic Change in Africa: The
Role of Women”.* We thank Dr Creary for accepting to moderate the
 discussion. Our Panelists are three talented ASU members.
New this year , ASU is partnering with OU's Chapter of STAND Against
Genocide to bring an Inspirational and Motivational speaker, Omekongo
Dibinga (http://omekongo.com/)  to OU to talk to us about Human Rights in
Congo and in general.
Too, we cannot afford to keep you indoor for the entire week when the
weather is nothing but irresistible this spring. That is why, this year,
you are all invited to come enjoy friendship, relax, mingle at a picinic
that we will have on saturday April 28th from noon to 5:00 pm at Riverpark
Towers. Multiple games from Africa and all over the world are provided,
famillies are invited to bring their kids to play. ( See details in the
attachment).
We will close the week with the African Dance night at Jakios.
I attached a detailed agenda for the cultural week.  I know it is long, but
it is about a week long event. You MUST read throught to find out a
projected beautiful event put together for you and to be run by ASU
members. You MUST also read to find out that you are listed to volunteer.
And if you are, please do mark your calendar so to take action on a timely
manner. If you are not listed here but want to volunteer, please contact us
( asu.ohio at gmail.com, Christine P. event coordinator " <cjp2424 at gmail.com>,
 or manu18.06 at gmail.com). I can't wait to read your comments and
suggestions to make this better.
Last, I know there are many people you may know that are not on the
listserv, please do forward this email to them and encourage them to join
us in celebrating the uniqueness of the African Culture.
See you around the campus corner and on Monday April 23rd.
Manu- ASU President.

*If you believe you receive this email by mistake, please disregard it and
accept my apology for the inconvenience.*

 NGUEYANOUBA EMMANUEL
36 N Mckinley Avenue
Athens 45701
+1740 409 1970