[ASU] Election Day

Diop, Ousmane od315407 at ohio.edu
Sat Apr 14 16:43:26 EDT 2012

Dear Founders of the Union
Hon. President
Dear ASU Advisor
Dear ASU Members,

The drums of ASU have, indeed, been resonating all over the OU village campus to summon us all to this great day of today’s elections. In this occasion I would like to again remind everyone the significance of taking into our own hands the destiny of our Union. This, of course requires an informed choice that transcends the narrow personal sphere of friendship or ethno national sympathy.
Because, I believe OU a cradle of intellectuals, I trust we shall make the right choice in selecting the right officials to safely hold the steering wheel of our common ASU.

Irrespective of caste,
May the ballot be cast,
The right officials be chosen,
So I have spoken.

Ousmane Diop
President of HASA (Hamline University African Student Association) 2009-2010
General Secretary 2008-2009
President of Universite Gaston Berger de St-Louis English Club 2004-2006

M.A African Studies/Politics and Development
Ohio University
71 West Washington
Street Apartment #1
od315407 at ohio.edu<mailto:od315407 at ohio.edu>