[ASU] FW: Announcements from Senate

Adu, Prince pa183510 at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 12 17:04:13 EDT 2012

FYI Colleagues..
From: International Student Union (ISU) [isu.ohiou at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:13 PM
To: Choi, Hyeman; Cramer, Sabrina; March, Ashley; Dakin, Alana; Lupsa, Michael; Akunne, Nneji; Okonji, Dumebi; Ngueyanouba, Emmanuel; Adu, Prince; Lou, Hao; CABO-P; Zhao, Shuhua; CIAO - A; Vonhoene, Celia; Mcglamery, Anne; CommDev - A; Dunkley, Jascene; Mano, Yuki; CSSA - A; CSSA - P; Yang, Danfei; Kuhn, Jeffrey; Fersky, Samantha; Vijaya Kumar, Supradeep; Shah, Richa; Scally, Logan; Sargel, Casey; ou-dg-japan-forward; Lee, Seungeun; Awad, Salah; Burnette, Robin; Harding, Erica; Ragland, Allison; OPIE SU; Bednarski, Kayleigh; PERMIAS - P; Novita, Eka; Ziegler, Lauren; Flenar, Chelsea; Hurst, Jonathan; SEASA - T; Almasude, Eden; Celikbilek, Can; Sulak, Bilge; TWSA - A; Liu, Chun-Chuan; Lien, Fang Ling; wenkai tong
Subject: Announcements from Senate

These are some really important announcements that couldn't be voiced at the ISU GB Meeting on Monday. Please send these out to the general body.

Thank you and I hope to see you all at these events!

Athens Beautification Day- Don't forget to sign up under the ISU group name to participate in B-Day! You can sign up on the Facebook event. It's a longtime Senate tradition and a lot of fun to do. You get a free shirt and free lunch so please come on out and invite your friends. ABD is Sunday, April 29. It starts at 12pm with check-in at the Scripp's Amphitheater. See you there!

Pride Week- Pride Week is this week! Events are happening all week long! For those of you who don't know, Pride Week is something that the LGBT Affairs Commission of Senate organizes with other campus groups such as the LGBT Center to promote awareness and acceptance of the LGBT community. The events are always really great and informative. I encourage you all to attend as many as you can. You can find out more on their Facebook page as well as on posters around campus. Pride Week is from Today, Monday, April 9- Saturday, April 14.

Take Back the Night Week- TBTN is coming up next week. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is also a Senate tradition headed by the Women's Affairs Commission and other on campus groups such as the Women's Center and the Survivor Advocacy Program. The purpose of TBTN is to spread awareness and inform students about sexual violence and to empower the survivors of such incidents. These events are also really great and informative and I encourage you all to attend as many as you can. TBTN is from Monday, April 16- Friday, April 20.

Senate Elections- Senate Elections are coming up this quarter during week 8 but campaigning begins week 4. Due to the nature of the rules regarding Senate elections, there is not much I can say right now but I encourage you all to be informed about the candidates and most importantly to VOTE when the time comes. I will be able to talk about this more during our next meeting, once the season has officially begun.

--
Tiffany M. Schlein

Senior| Ohio University
International Affairs Commissioner| Student Senate
Student Senate Representative| International Student Union
Planning Committee| International Week
Chairperson| Committee on the Budget, Student Senate
Member| General Fee Advisory Committee

513.288.3500<tel:513.288.3500>

--
International Student Union (ISU)