[ASU] (no subject)

Ngueyanouba, Emmanuel en256009 at ohio.edu
Mon May 9 00:50:43 EDT 2011

Hi everyone, i hope this finds all of you well and that you are getting ready for your African Cultural Week and African Hero's Night. Thanks to everyone who has attended the General body meeting. Please find below an update about AWC/AHN events. This also serves as a reminder for the different event that we will have starting tomorrow with the opining ceremonies.

I am sorry the previous email went out without this introductory paragraph.

1. African Cultural Week: It is highly advised/recommended that we keep advertising the events and preferably attend all of them when our respective schedules allow us to do so.

  *   Monday 9th 6-7:45pm- Opening lecture by Dr Brandon. Doors open at 6pm, Friends of the Library- 3rd Floor. Please show up on time. There will be AHN tickets for purchase, so make sure you get one.
  *   Tuesday 10th  free movie night: Starts @6pm, Baker 341. We have agreed upon a 15 minutes discussion after the movie. Two ASU members have volunteered to coordinate this with the African Studies . If you have not bought your ticket yet at the opening ceremonies or before that, you can do it that night.
  *   Wednesday 11th- Lecture by Dr. Ajayi- Soyinka & Fashion Show @7pm, Walter Rotunda: We urgently need three to five (3-5) more volunteers (male and female ) to model. Please contact Jen Petrie (jenlpetrie at gmail.com<mailto:jenlpetrie at gmail.com>) or Manu (manu18.06 at gmail.com<mailto:manu18.06 at gmail.com>) to sign up ASAP. We also need more African clothes for the fashion Show. You can either volunteer to wear your African clothe and model or have it be used by another person to model.
  *   Thursday 12th- Language night @7pm, Walter 235: Show up, bring friends and buy your ticket.

2. African Hero's Night

  *   Friday 13th- AFRICAN DANCE NIGHT. Prince is DJing that night and he wants everyone who has African music ( in Ipod, Flash disk, laptop...) to contact him with suggestions.
  *   Saturday 14th- THE AFRICAN HERO'S NIGHT@ 5.45pm, Ping Centre :  this is your Hero's Night and once again, we expect your massive participation at all level. Attend and get involved, contact us and give to ASU some of your time.

May you have any question, fell free to contact us at asu_ou at googlegroups.com<mailto:asu_ou at googlegroups.com>, manu18.06 at gmail.com<mailto:manu18.06 at gmail.com>

Happy African Cultural Week, everyone.

Manu