[ASU] ASU GB meeting

aggrey otieno aggreywillis at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 00:15:06 EDT 2010

Great People,
We had ASU GB meeting to day and the proposed program of activities for Cultural Week Celebrations   was
accepted are as follows:

Program

Monday May 3--Keynote Address by Prof. Francis Godwyll
Venue: Friends of the Library (Room 319)
Time: 7:00pm

Tuesday May 4--There will be no program for this day

Wednesday May 5--ASU is partnering with Bokamoso Leadership Forum for a
          discussion program on the African Cup of Nations in Angola. The
          Discussions will center on the topic:
          Reflecting on the African Cup of Nations in Angola
Venue: Friends of the Library (Room 319)
Time:  7:00pm

Thursday May 6--ASU is partnering with the Center for International Studies
       to organize the African Languages Day
Venue: Walter Hall
Time: 4-6

Friday: African Dance Lessons and Movie Night (4pm at Walter Hall Rotunda)

Other Related Issues

1. It was suggested that we book Rollins Room for the movie night but the
suggestion was declined by GB. The point was made that a more conducive venue
should be sought. Kazi proposed that we look at Baker for a room. She
volunteered to do the booking for the program.

2. We raised $25 through donations towards the program tomorrow. It was agreed
that the money should go into providing drinks at the Keynot Session tomorrow.

3. Prof Markovits has also donated $20 which we will get tomorrow.

Other Issues

1. The upcoming OU World cup was raised at the meeting. Below is the schedule
of games:

May 9th
11:00am Africa vs Europe
12:15pm South America vs USA
1:30pm Asia vs Africa

Venue: South Green Sports Field.

Kindly come with your friends to the above events. Blessings.
Aggrey
38 N McKinley Avenue, Apt. 302
River Park Towers,
Athens, Ohio - 45701
+1 208 275 9378
United States of America

Do                           not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon