[ASU] Important Announcement:Hero's Night 27 February 2010

Titus Gwemende tg843808 at ohio.edu
Sat Feb 6 15:44:42 EST 2010

Dear colleagues

It is my pleasure to announce to you that Hero's Night will be held in Baker
theater and Baker Ballroom B consecutively from 430pm-7pm on Saturday 27
February 2010.We are very excited to get perhaps the best possible venues for
this very important event on our calendar.

We are even more excited to host Dr Philista Onyango,who will come in person to
accept the award all the way from Kenya!You cannot miss this one.She will be in
Athens for the entire weekend.

The event itself will cost at least $4000 and we are grateful for funding from
ISU and SAC.I am sure you all appreciate the need for the $5 cover charge that
we have decided on for the event.Tickets will be sold starting next week and you
will be able to buy them from executives and ISFS office.You will be provided
with more details on this by Monday.

As discussed in the last GB meeting,the food for this event will be cooked by
men only as is the tradition for Men's cook off which we cancelled last
quarter.Ideally we would like to sample food from all over Africa hence we hope
for volunteers from all the regions of Africa.Volunteers will be expected to
send their recipes to the men in the executive so that the ingredients are
bought on the 26th of February in preparation for cooking on Saturday
morning.Women on the other hand, will be helping with performances and other
duties for the event.
This event is not just important for its entertainment value,rather its critical
for its educational content as well and hence we strongly encourage all members
to talk to students interested in Africa,development work and children's work to
attend this event.

As from Monday,you will be receiving more constant updates on
preparations.Hopefully,by the 27th,each one of us will have done their small
part to make this event a historical success.

Enjoy the weekend!

Titus Gwemende