[ASU] International Street Fair

aggrey otieno aggreywillis at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 09:03:16 EDT 2010

Hello Comrades,
I attended the planning meeting for international street fair that shall take place on May 15th 2010. We agreed on the following:

1. Street fair general info
a) Each group must have a representative at their booth throughout the entire street fair (11am-5pm)
b) Groups must maintain their booth even if everything has been sold
c) Bring umbrellas & tarps if there is a chance of rain

2. Street fair schedule
a) 9am: Set-up begins
             i) Cars will only be allowed on Court Street temporarily for un loading. Once sound set-up has begun, there will be no cars allowed on the Street
b) 11am: International Street Fair Opens
c) 11.30am: International Street Fair Parade of Flags
d) 12pm: Stage entertainment begins
e) 12.30pm: Opening remarks and Welcome
f) 5pm: International Street Fair Closes
g) 6pm: All booths must be torn down

3. Guidelines for participating
a) Time Schedule:
      i) Court Street will be closed to traffic at 8am
      ii) Tables set up for ASU to be from 9am to 11am
      iii) Activities will commence at 11am and conclude by 5pm
      iv) ASU will start taking down their displays from 5pm to 6pm

b) Tables set-Up
      i) Most locations for booths will not have access to electrical outlets. Once we know of our location, we will need to contact a merchant located nearest to our assigned table to see if an electrical out let is available. We should not plan to have an electrical out let without first contacting the merchant. If electrical out lets are available, heavy duty extension cords must be used. All cords must be taped down with duct tape to prevent people tripping over loose cords. We should let Amanda know asap if we have contacted a merchant for her to develop a map for booths for that day.

c) Food permit: Since we plan to serve food, the ASU executive rep must attend two mandatory health and safety workshops and obtain a food permit from the health department. The workshops are scheduled for Wednesday, April 28th at 7pm in Baker Center room 233. We must also purchase a temporary vendors license at the cost of $50. This must be paid by check. We are required by Ohio Law to have the license even if we will be selling water and cookies. The permits shall be displayed at our tables during the Street Fair. Those who are selling and preparing food must also be wearing gloves at all times. Representatives from the Athens County Health Department & Ohio University Department of Environmental Health & Safety will be on Court Street to inspect us and our food.

d) Equipment
i) Some supplies will be provided (gloves, hand wipes, trash bags) but they will be limited. Therefore, we are required to bring our own.
ii) We need to rent or buy any equipments we want early including: charcoal, barbecue grills, large pans , knives, plates, napkins, trash bags etc
iii) No hotplates are to be placed on the tables provided. If ASU needs to use a hotplate, we will be required to buy a sheet of ply board in order to protect the table from being damaged otherwise, we will pay fee of $100 for damaged tables

e) Hygiene: We are responsible for cleaning our area throughout the entire day. Garbage and hot coals need to be properly disposed off at the designated areas and all tables need to be cleaned and folded at the end of the event.

f) Plastic tarps: We will need to purchase a large plastic tarp to cover our assigned tables in case it rains. So is a large umbrella.

4. Important dates and up coming meetings to be attended by the executive
a) Wednesday, April 28, 2010: Mandatory meeting with Athens City/ County Health dpt, Baker Center as from 7pm room 233. The rep to go with the menu and $50 dollar check.

b) Wednesday. May 5, 2010: Mandatory Follow up meeting with Athens City/ County Health dpt, 7pm room 233 Baker center

c) Saturday, May 15th, 2010: International Street Fair, 11am -to- 5pm on Court Street.

ACT ON THIS!!
I need volunteers who will perform dances, story telling, drumming, playing guitar, any thing interactive as we sell our stuff next to our table as from 11am to 5pm. Kindly email me your names by the 4pm to day. Thank you and be blessed.
Aggrey

 38 N McKinley Avenue, Apt. 302
River Park Towers,
Athens, Ohio - 45701
+1 208 275 9378
United States of America

Do                           not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Harold R. McAlindon