[ASU] Bokamoso Leadership Forum (South Africa 2010 Forum Reminder)

Bokamoso Africa bokamoso.africa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 17:25:39 EDT 2009

Brothers and Sisters,
Just wanted to send out a reminder about the Fall Forum on the World Cup
being held in SOuth Africa and how this affects the country and the
continent as a whole. We will be having this forum on *Saturday September
26th, 2009*. We are looking for presentations of about 10 - 12 minutes on
different potential opportunities and challenges of the World Cup in South
Africa and how this extends to the rest of Africa. Some of the questions we
are looking to answer are:

   1. What do Africans and the rest of the World expect from a World Cup
   held in Africa?
   2. What are the politics of the World Cup? For instance, is it a symbol
   of the manifestation of the African renaissance?
      - Media and representations: Which of Africa's many faces will be
      seen?
   3. How does/should hosting the World Cup affect South Africans?
      - Technology and Infrastrucures e.g. implications communications,
      Stadium Locations, Transportation etc
      - Benefits/Impact on Social Services e.g. Education, Culture
   4. Can/Does the hosting of the World Cup show a manifestation of
   post-Apartheid in South Africa? 46 years of Apartheid, 15 years of democracy
   and now the World Cup?
   5. What are the implications for governance and leadership in Africa?
   6. Possibilities for regional Alliances e.g. Southern African Development
   Community (SADC) and the World Cup: Possibilities for economic development
   7. What are the contributions from the African Diaspora

We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in this effort. If
you would like to participate in the forum, please send an email to
bokamoso.africa at gmail.com by *Monday 7th of September 2009*. If you would
also like to present on any topic not covered above, send us an email as
well. Thank you for reading and welcome back to Athens.

Damilola Daramola
On behalf of Bokamoso Leadership Forum