[ASU] Bokamoso Leadership Forum Open House

Bokamoso Africa bokamoso.africa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:35:06 EDT 2009

Brothers and Sisters,

The song "We Are The World" begins with the lines "There comes a time, when
we hear a certain call. And the world must come together as one."  Although
that song was written to raise money for famine-efforts in Africa, the call
rings out again today. This time it requests that Africans and those
interested in her progress take a stand in leading efforts that promote
Africa's growth . This is not a call to raise funds or seek aid. This call
is specifically for people who are ready to improve themselves, so that they
may then carry these same principles to whatever part of the continent they
find themselves in.

Bokamoso Leadership Forum aims to develop transparent leadership,
accountable leadership and responsible leadership. With these three tenets
at the core of the Forum, it is imperative that self-development precede
leadership whether it be in quiet support or being at the forefront. These
efforts are not separate from academic activities as this is the premise for
which everyone of us is here.

With this in mind, I would like to take this opportunity to invite those who
would like to be a part of this effort to attend our Open House on the 1st
floor of Alden Library in Classroom K on Thursday October 21st @ 10pm. This
would be an opportunity to learn more about our purpose and to ask any
questions that you might have relating to the organization itself.

In the meantime, I would also like to invite you to check out our blog at
http://bokamosoafrica.blogspot.com/ to learn more about thoughts of current
members on issues spanning from Science and Technology to Social Justice and
Politics.

We look forward to your presence and learning more about ourselves as
individuals, academics and future leaders in Africa.

Damilola Daramola
on behalf of Bokamoso Leadership Forum