[ASU] My opinion

Fletcher Ziwoya fz233105 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 4 18:44:32 EST 2009

Dear as225108 at ohio.edu,

The out-going executive knows what its role in this issue is and we are
confidently executing it. Contrary to what you allege we did not involve
ourselves in any unnecessary polemics at all. We issued a statement right
immediately after the complainant made his dispute publicly known to us.
How else were we supposed to respond to his query, knock at his apartment
door and deliver a letter? He made his dispute publicly and that is why we
also responded through the same channel. If you have been keen you would
have noticed that no one of the out-going executive members is commenting
on this issue any more because we feel it is now between the rest of the GB
and Prosper. It is not about us the out-going executive. I only posted on
the listserv a letter which was sent to the advisor and was copied to me by
Prosper. That was for you members to follow the steps that the complainant
was taking. We are not just sitting over the issue. Today we had a meeting
with the advisor and he will soon be advising us on how to proceed with the
matter. And for you instead of providing any tangible suggestion as to how
you as a member think the disagreement can be resolved you simply dismiss
Prosper saying we are giving him too much attention. Let me remind you that
it is easy to criticize when it is not your turn to act or make a decision
that will involve someone's emotions and ego. What has happened in ASU is
unprecedented and we need to find a lasting solution and not just dismiss
an issue for the sake of dismissing it. Please, next time you write on this
forum present concrete suggestions as advanced by most of your colleagues.
Keep well.

Fletcher Ziwoya
Out-going President