[ASU] House Business

Josiah Z. Nyangau jn133406 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 1 17:28:15 EST 2009

Members,

It has come to our attention that Mr. prosper has decided to contest the outcome
of yesterday's election results.

First, we congratulate you (Mr. Prosper)  for the good fight you fought.  But we
will be quick to remind you that you conceded defeat after results were
declared.  It therefore defeats any logic for you to turn around and start
causing unnecessary friction.

We all know that elections are just a game of numbers, if you cannot garner
majority support, you loose, and the least we expect out of you is to join the
winning team to propel the union forward, instead of trying to pull everyone down.

The bottom line is, elections cannot be unfair only to your eyes.  Even from the
look of the voters, the esteemed ASU members you are trying to load your
statements upon, the excitement told it all.  Indeed, 34 against 11 votes---is a
result that should speak for itself.

The outgoing ASU executive considers your actions highly regrettable, in bad
taste and profoundly misplaced.

There is no reason at all for you to copy you mails to the AFRICAN STUDIES
department.  This only underscores your arrogance and lack of respect for the
union which you claim to be passionately concerned of.

If you had any genuine concerns, perhaps you would have copied your latter to
our adviser, Dr. Adeyanju NOT THE AFRICAN STUDIES DEPARTMENT.  Your letter is
further evidence that you hardly understand what ASU is all about.

That Africa is in chaos, and thus our elections are only a reflection of the
same is an insult of the highest order to your colleagues- the ones you are
trying to lead.

Yes, we all know the existence of a few problems here and there in Africa, but
those are not unique, they are common in developing and emerging democracies,
and any student of history will agree.

Lastly, we kindly as you to go back to our constitution and re-read it (in case
you have read it before).  You will find out who is eligible to be a member, and
what privileges they enjoy (as members).

Regards

Thank you

Josiah Zak Nyangau