[ASU] House Business

Josiah Z. Nyangau jn133406 at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:26:31 EST 2009

Members,

A few quick issues.

Thanks to the electoral committee for the rules you have set forth.

However, I suggest that a coin toss only determines who opens the floor,
otherwise, candidates should respond to questions interchangeably---meaning, if
X answers this question first, then Y must answer the next question first-----we
do not need have one candidate going first all the time----this will provide
undue advantage to the second candidate.

Next, the incoming executive, as you prepare to assume reigns, there has been
genuine debate with a view to expand the scope of our engagements.

To this extent, Michael Stewart, our guest from Chicago during the hero's night
has shown great interest.  As you all know, he is the executive director of the
'Liwe Na Liwalo' foundation based in Tanzania.

Michale is expanding his foundation and hopes to launch operations in Kenya this
summer.  The foundation is also exploring the possibility of expanding
operations to Ghana, Senegal and Jamaica.

Michael invited our generous participation in this efforts.  He was deeply
impressed by our unity of purpose, and is profoundly interested in forging ties
with our chapter (ASU).

I urge all of us, more so the incoming executive, to explore this and other
options to integrate our socio-cultural program with others that promote
development back home.

Michael is interested in (ASU) forging a strong working relationship with his
'Liwe na Liwalo' foundation while here, better still, when (if) we go back home,
he is deeply interested in utilizing these links to set up more institutions and
 as we all aspire to put in our contribution towards developing our continent
and , and elsewhere.

Before the Executive or the General Body legislates on this, feel free to visit
the  'Liwe na Liwalo' foundation online for more information.

Thank you all

Josiah Zak Nyangau