[ASU] thank you!

howard at ohio.edu howard at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 10 10:24:25 EST 2009

Dear members of the African Students Union and President Fletcher Ziwoya!
Thank you very much for the amazing honor you bestowed upon me on Saturday
night. I really was surprised when Fletcher told me about the nomination, and
especially delighted because I feel like I have grown up with the ASU here.
Saturday night was clearly the result of many many people's hard work. The
food was great, the entertainment fantastic, and the video and other
presentations- just really very moving. You are all to be commended for your
solidarity and sense of community, a real example to Africa and everyone in
the world. Please help us to keep Africa central on this campus and to keep it
moving back home. You are a great organization and I will never forget this
honor.