[ASU] Countdown-African Culture Week!

Titus Gwemende tg843808 at ohio.edu
Sun Apr 26 23:07:07 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues

I am excited about African Culture Week 2009!This is one opportunity for us as
ASU to showcase the richness and diversity of our heritage.As we countdown to
this premier ASU event,l want to encourage every member to do something to make
the entire week a success.Its failure or success reflects well or badly on our
image and reputation.We are to show how comfortable and proud we are of our
great heritage.Many times people don't have an opportunity to hear about Africa
from Africans themselves.Well this is the opportunity!I hope we will all come
and represent our countries that week..

Lets buy tickets so that we use the money to prepare on time.We all know that if
we have the money now,it will improve the quality of our events.We are on a
publicity blitz this week.Check out for posters,Baker screen,listserv and other
places.Join the facebook group and lets create a momentum for the events.

Many thanks for those who have enlisted to volunteer to exhibit,cook,clean and
plan the events.Should you feel like participating in any of these
activities,please contact any of our leaders urgently.There are never enough
people for catering and planning.
Also remember the biggest musical show of the year is on 9 May (Battle of the
D.Js)...l assume you now have bought your dancing shoes!

On another note,let me congratulate the South Africans on a successful
Presidential election.Ghana did it and now South Africa has done it as
well.Hopefully,peaceful elections will become the norm for our great continent.

Enjoy your week

Titus Gwemende
President