[ASU] Shades/Hip Hop Congress

Tiffany Bowden creatiff2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 21:42:33 EDT 2009

Passing this too...

Tiffany Bowden

EVENT: 	Day of Silence - Breaking the Silence
DATE: 	Friday, April 17th
TIME:	CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL TIME AT 8pm
PLACE:	"The Platform," which is below South Green's Nelson Commons

EVENT:	Breaking the Silence Program Start Time is 8:30pm
	Keynote Speaker: Terrance Dean, the author of "Hiding in Hip Hop"
TIME:	8:30pm
PLACE: 	Nelson Commons

EVENT:	Singer and Songwriter Pamela Means
TIME:	10:30pm
PLACE:	Nelson Commons

SHADES, in collaboration with Hip Hop Congress, invites you to participate
in a full Day of Silence on April 17 for our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
Transgender brothers and sisters, who have been and will be victims of
violence,
rape,  murder, harassment, and other hate crimes. Wear the "HOT" Day of
Silence
T-shirts! They only cost $10.

T-Shirt Sales and Candle Details:
  • Sign-up locations are: LGBT Center, The Women's Center, The
Multicultural
	Center, and The Disability Services Office (in Crewson House).
  • Tables at Baker Center will be set up to handle preorder pick-ups and
	for selling shirts from April 13th to 17th.
  • On April 17th, we'll sell the shirts at the Breaking the Silence
	Program at the Nelson Commons.
  • Every person who buys a new Day of Silence shirt will be given a free
	candle for the vigil.

For more information, please feel free to contact us!

Micah Brown
SHADES, Co-President
Email: Micahbrown360 at yahoo.com
Phone: 513-435-3688